Built in 1861 on land and with money donated by George Fife Angas, Friedensberg (Hill of Peace) Schoolroom with Headmaster's residence attached also served for four decades as St Johannes Church for the early Prussian Lutheran pioneer settlers at Springton.
The school was closed in 1917 as a result of the hostilities towards German people during the First World War, and re-opened in 1995 as an authentic German School Museum with original furniture and fittings and hands-on activities, including writing with pen and ink.
Group visits by arrangement on a tour that includes the significant Herbig Tree, the heritage listed Friedensberg Cemetery and gift souvenir booklet.
150th Anniversary will be celebrated in 2011.
Group visits by arrangement on any day. Contact Tours Organiser David Herbig on telephone 8568 2287.